Save The Vaquita
Scientists are looking for various ways in which we can help them have a happy life.
- Trying to understand their behaviour for better chances at repopulation.
- Trying to make sure that we keep pollution out.
Action To Save The Vaquita
We are trying to eradicate pollution from the rivers to ensure that you are working towards right steps.
We try to make frequent expeditions which can get us more information about the right people to get them to live.
We want to make sure that you have the right information to get the word about these creatures to help them survive.
Write To Us
Latest From Blog
The Vaquita is the very cutest and most endangered species. They belong to the family of the largest Mammalia clan of deep oceans. They are the cousins of blue whales, sharks and even the dolphins. But they are reducing in number from many habitats. They are homed in the Gulf of California and are found only in one part of the world. This article is a spotlight on the number of Vaquita that is present in 2019.
The report says that the number of Vaquita is highly reducing in numbers; there are less than 22 adult individuals left in the Gulf of California. The report of Vaquita is given by the International Committee for the Recovery of the Vaquita (CIRVA). The report was given in the year of 2018. The population of Vaquita was estimated to be around 670 plus in 1997. 2019 is the worst year for the Vaquita to number a very least population.
The scientist says that the reproducing capacity of the Vaquita is decreasing because of changing global temperature, water level, water acidity and the overall changing weather condition of the world. Earth is the home for millions of species. The recognition of variations of the species is still 25% achieved, and there are lot many varieties untouched.
How did we let this happen?
The creatures on this earth are not all evolving, half of the species are already extinct, and most of them are in the edge of extinction. Are we the reason for this paradigm? Human is the most evolved species in the world. When we are the most powerful, we have the authority by default to safeguard the underprivileged animals and organisms.
The Vaquita is not the refugees in the known waters, and the ocean is their home. They are homed in only one single corner of the world since its genesis. They share the clan of large mammillae like blue whale and sharks. To prohibit the decreasing number of Vaquita, the governments around the world are taking the initiatives to take strict measures of saving the little cows. Millions of dollars are being collected around the globe to stop fishing the Vaquita and to secure the habitats of this deep-sea creature.
The protection measure throughout the globe is increasing. The awareness to spot contributing to the extinction of species is also carried out with lots of passion. The international conventions and summits are coming up with good beats of agenda.
The increasing global warming is contributing to a great scale to the extinction of various water as well as the land species. The melting down of ice covers, increasing sea level and warming of the ocean waters are killing the eggs and are hindering the water migration of lots of underwater dwellers. If the same condition continues, it is not just the Vaquita, but every other animal will just be a memory to the earth.
If you want to learn about the very cutest things in the world, then here you go, they are none other than the Vaquita, the world’s cutest, most endangered water creatures. The Vaquita takes very little time to personify the cuteness. They are very shy animals and stay deep underwater. This article takes the glory to describe the most amazing facts about the Vaquita.
Did you know?
- The Vaquita is the very rarest sea mammals in the globe. They are categorized under the most endangered species of the IUCN. They are also called as the ‘Cochito’, ‘Vaquita Marina’ and also ‘Gulf of California harbor porpoise’.
- These species are found in only one corner of the world, specifically in the Gulf of California. The Gulf of California is a very narrow piece of water and is the home for almost all the living Vaquita.
- They are considered to be the rarest and unique sea mammals. Their count is decreasing day by day, that has led them toward the Red Data Book of IUCN.
- The Vaquita is usually compared with dolphins and people you come across these species, surprise assuming them to be the dolphins.
- The body shapes of the Vaquita are also very similar to the ones of Dolphin, they have small shape, and their body size is very tiny compared to the Dolphins. They possess a chunkier and a round head with no snout. It is called a “little cow” in Spanish.
- The upper body of the Vaquita is very grey in the shade and the color shades down as you reach the belly. They have a slightly striking face type, with dark liner around the eyes with dark-colored lips making them dressed up all time.
- The porpoises usually come with smaller fins and chest, but these Vaquita possess distinct fin-type, the fins are usually larger in size and the chest is vast and flat.
- Like all other mammals, the female Vaquita are larger than the males in size. They measure around 5 to 6ft but the males’ measure only 4.6 to 5 ft.
- The study shows that the largest mammals of the world Blue whale, the sharks, dolphins and Vaquita belong to the same family of cetaceans. These are the largest and only living spices varieties in the deep oceans. You cannot really find them in the sweet water shores.
- They are considered as the most intelligent water species. They have good running reflexes and fast impulsion stimulus.
- The Vaquita is always considered as the cousins of dolphins. They usually feed on the tiny sea creatures like prawns, tiny crabs and specifically squids.
- The Vaquita is very shy animals. They do not expose themselves much to the outer species.
- There are three more other varieties of Vaquita found in the Gulf of California. They are considered as the incredible gene of large mammals.